Hidden Gems: Our favourite small businesses
As small business owners, members of the Duck Team love fishing out other small businesses to support. Sometimes this can take longer to research than heading over to the mall - but let me tell you - there are so many perks.
- You will go on more adventures! When looking for hidden gems, you often find yourself at Sunday morning markets, pop-up’s at unfamiliar coffee shops or following a link to a beautiful website. So many surprises await.
- 9 times out of 10 you will experience fantastic customer service with a personal touch.
- You have a story or memory connected to your purchase. I love it when someone asks about a personal item and you remember where you bought it and who you bought it from.
- You will find yourself something unique! It’s the best when someone stops you to say “where did you get that?” Let's be honest, we have all had that awkward situation when you arrive at a gathering and you match 1 (or 2) people there!
- You are supporting entrepreneurs with big dreams. Whether its a Uni student, a stay at home mom or a professional trying to pursue their true passion - you are supporting a champion.
So… in honour of supporting the hidden gems we have decided to let you in on two of our favourites.
The first is From the Heart Sterling Silver Jewellery. From a little home in East London you can find the most beautiful silver rings, necklaces and bracelets. This is my go-to if I am looking for a gift (TOP TIP: they are beautifully gift wrapped for you if you mention its for a gift).
Secondly, the Cay Mia Skin range. I have been using these products for 2 years now and I absolutely LOVE them. If you are environmentally conscious - these are the products for you. They are natural with no preservatives, no toxins, no chemicals and do not use animal testing.
If you have any hidden gems you would like to tell us about, PLEASE share! We would love to add more to our list of favourites.